Helping manufacturer avoid risk to air quality
We were asked to project manage the replacement of an air handling plant for this large manufacturer. A number of AHU’s (Air Handling Units) were now beyond refurbishment and represented a risk to the air quality within the company’s production areas. Due to the nature of the product this was not something that the manufacturer could risk.
Managing the project from start to finish
EMS Ltd would manage the whole project from start to finish to ensure the smooth running of the job. It would be important for the client for the work to cause as little disruption to production as possible. With this in mind, the following tasks were included in the project:
- Produce a detailed design with drawings
- Plan the replacement works to minimise disruption to production areas
- Provide temporary hire of AHU’s to maintain room pressures
- Provide crane lifts for removal of existing and installation of new plant
- Modify ductwork to accomodate new plant
- Provide new fan inverters for installation within the existing electrical panels
- Install control wiring
- Commission the new systems
- Produce as-built drawings
Improving on space, energy and costs
Two AHU’s in one area are to be replaced with one AHU which has the combined capacity of the existing units. As this will vacate space, we will use the opportunity to rearrange existing condensing units / condensers more efficiently.
The new AHU’s will consume less power than the existing systems therefore saving the client energy and money.
Minimum disruption to manufacturing
Our team managed and completed the installation with handover on time and to the satisfaction of the client without causing disruption to the client’s production facilities.