Business-critical equipment for Hampshire manufacturer
We have worked with this major manufacturer for several years, both as their contractor for the maintenance of their cooling equipment as well as their installation team for all of their sites. Due to the business-critical nature of their equipment, we provide a long term strategy to ensure that production downtime is kept to a minimum. As part of this strategy, we identified that the air-cooled condensers were the most likely to fail in the short term and agreed with the client that the best long term option would be to replace the condensers.
Removal and replacement of condensers
EMS Ltd would manage the whole project from start to finish to ensure the smooth running of the job which would include the following tasks:
- De-commission, removal and safe disposal of existing condensers
- Removal and putting into stock existing fans and motors to be used as replacements for remaining condensers
- Supply, delivery, offloading and positioning of new plant
- Reconfiguration of existing plant area to accommodate the new plant
- New refrigerant pipework and insulation as required
- Re-charging with refrigerant and re-commissioning
Long term solution for plant
Taking a long term view on the plant, we didn’t want to waste the opportunity to make significant improvements for the client:
Maximise efficiency and life span
The new condensers were to be supplied with EC fans to improve their efficiency as well as having vinyl-coated coils to maximise their life span.
The project was planned on the basis of no more than one refrigerant circuit being down at any one time, therefore minimising the risk to our client’s production.
The Result of Replacing the Condensers
Our team project managed and completed the replacement of the condensers on time and to a high standard.